Sunday, June 20, 2010










The Joseph's Coat first block 1/2 completed but definatly not sewn down so please ignore the big space in the middle, that WILL disappear when sewn properly when all of the petals are ready. I don't have quite enough colours to complete one block so am just collecting a couple a week and making petals with them. Anyhoo just a little hint on brights with a navy background :] This is a really enjoyable quilt and one that is progressing fairly quickly.


Now for Becca's funky frangipanis - Yep I got it all pieced except for the borders as I needed to check for sizing and discovered that it was a little short for her bed so decided to extend the bottom by 4 panels so ..... this week I only got flowers traced, cut and glued to the background and now they are all ready to satin stitch. I'm adding one large hot pink one, and then there are 6 assorted colour medium sized ones to do. I'm hoping to have all of the borders on by the end of next week. This week is for satin stitching but next week is school holidays for us so we'll be camping most of the time. I'm getting a little excited about quilting this now. Bec LOVES the colours and the layout especially with the colourful sashing inbetween the flower blocks.

1 comment:

  1. Love the colours of your JC quilt and the blue background looks stunning. And the satin stitching on your frangipani quilt looks very professional. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole quilt. Cheers Vreni

    ReplyDelete