Friday, November 19, 2010

Confetti Christmas Tree




WOOOHOO....how cute is Mr Rudolf !!!

Another crazy creation of Cath's is our Christmas tree. I'm officially sick of tripping over our 20 year old, worn out, falling apart, have to store it SOMEWHERE christmas tree.

So...what does one do when faced with the dilemma of a looming christmas and no excitement for hauling out our poor sad tree and fighting with it [it has no stand], the kids and lights, decorations blah, blah, blah....well one makes circles of different sizes [unscientifically] and then proceeds to cut them out.

Mr Rudolf is only the first of the reindeer and they will be poking their uber-cute heads out from different points around the tree. Hmm...not sure what else - maybe a mouse or two - what else ?? I wonder how an elephant would look just for a laugh !! :] Or maybe a cross-eyed circle monster with horns, that would be better than a purple spotted elephant. NO..I don't do drugs - just a little crazy naturally - see now why I run also !! Over active brain disease.

I'm taking photos of this whole process and am planning next year to put up a tutorial for anyone mad enough or perhaps brave enough to make a christmas tree wall hanging. It'll be bright, fun and easy to store. I haven't seen anything like it on the internet under google images so I'm confident not too many people are mad enough to do this but I promise it will be AWESOME !!!

p.s I'm also keeping a diary with fabrics and instructions so I can make the tutorial easy, accurate and short-ish.

p.p.s the circles are to represent bright baubles and they will make the tree shape - hence the different sized balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment